Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic (Classic Version) Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AVSIM PROBLEMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVSIM PROBLEMS
    Posted: May-13-2009 at 7:34pm
I've been unable to access AVSIM all day. They've been having problems with their library recently, but they claim to have sorted it out.

Now the whole website seems to be unavailable.

Does anyone else have this experience, or is it just me?
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Hernan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 8:56pm

Its not you David.

They've been having problems for weeks now. They started with slow downloads, time outs from their site, etc. They attempted to correct their problem for a while and last week the entire library site was taken off. They had it running yesterday again, and today you cannot even get it. We just have to be patient until their problem is resolved.

Delta is MY airline
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 9:06pm

Found this on another forum.....

PRESS RELEASE:

AVSIM Hacked

Tom Allensworth, CEO and Publisher of AVSIM, today issued the following announcement; “We regret to inform the flight simulation community that on Tuesday, May 12, AVSIM was hacked and effectively destroyed. The method of the hack makes recovery difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. Both servers, that is the library / email and web site / forum servers were attacked. AVSIM is totally offline at this time and we expect to be so for some time to come. We are not able to predict when we will be back online, if we can come back at all. We will post more news as we are able to in the coming days and weeks.

END

Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth

***Update***

We have set up a temporary forum in order that we can provide status reports on our efforts to bring AVSIM back online. I would very much appreciate it if you could post the link to our temporary home and help us get the word out. Here is the link:

http://linux.myalbemarle.org/forums/index.php

Thank you for your assistance.  

Best Regards,

hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 4:30am
Thanks for this information, John.

I've joined the temporary AVSIM forum and read some of the messages, especially the one from Tom Allensworth. It is possible that the hacker might have obtained AVSIM's mailing list, which he might use.

If anuone receives an email purporting to come from AVSIM, I suggest you should be very suspicious about it.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
Craig View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 10:26pm
One of the members of AIG is also a Library Administrator for AVSIM.  In a posting today in our private forums he indicated that AVSIM will indeed be back, however, not sure when or to what extent just yet.

In the meantime, all official AIG files (models, repaints, flightplans and AFCADs) will be available from our website.  And there has also been talk about providing some space for a few painters.

Also a lot of the contributors to the hobby are going to be uploading their work to flightsim.com as well.
hanstatdg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanstatdg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 5:09am
Thanks for the information, Craig, and a big thanks to AIG for opening their website for their own official files.

It does appear that many contributors are now uploading their work to flightsim.com. I'm a paid-up member of flightsim.com, but for those who only register for their free mrmbership, they get a much slower service.
David Hanstater
Administrator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic