Ultimate Traffic Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX > General Discussion - Non Support Topics Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MultiCrew Experience, RadarContact and UT2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MultiCrew Experience, RadarContact and UT2
    Posted: June-06-2011 at 2:53pm
Hi everybody,
my setup is: FSX, MCE and UT2 on the server PC, RC4.3 on the client.
The reason I ask is that this setup works but speech recognition with MultiCrew Experience is absolutely terrible. It has been suggested by the MCE support people that UT2 might be the cause of the problem in this particular setup.
Is there anybody having experience with this configuration?
agutz
John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 7:46pm
I see no reason why UT2 would interfer with the speech recognition software.
agutz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 3:10am
Thank you, I thought so, too.
agutz
agutz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 3:47pm
I just found somebody on the MCE inofficial support forum http://rainbird.heavenforum.org/t805-atc-not-working (they don't have an official one) who had exactly the same problems with a totally different setup: My Traffic X and default FSX ATC. Communication with the MCE co-pilot works but not with ATC.
So it looks like MCE doesn't get along well with more than one AI traffic add-on.
agutz
agutz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 4:02pm
Sorry, I gave you the wrong  location. This is the correct one: http://rainbird.heavenforum.org/t1096-mce-mytraffic-x-vs-53-pro-atc-problems
agutz
FS++ View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS++ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 8:12am
Hi agutz

I just placed an order for UT2 on Amazon. Once it's shipped, installed etc, will probably be able to get to the bottom of the issue if there is any.

Thanks for your patience.

Ian R.
On behalf of the FS++ team

agutz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 11:32am
Hi Ian,
That's a step in the right direction and I sure hope there is a bottom of the issue!
agutz
FS++ View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS++ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by agutz agutz wrote:

Hi Ian,
That's a step in the right direction and I sure hope there is a bottom of the issue!
agutz

Hi,

Finally, after running UT2 for a few days, I can categorically state that there are no compatibility issues with Multi Crew Experience (MCE) voice control for FSX & FS9.

The only thing we found is that we needed to raise the priorities of some internal threads to guarantee execution, notably when using Radar Contact and MCE combo. In addition, MCE now monitors the VHF1 when you are dialling using hardware like go-flight.

The new version is now ready for download. And I would encourage everyone to try out the available Demo.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/

Best,

Ian

John Goodwin View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 5:06am
Ian,

Thanks for that extra mile getting UT2 to see if there wa a problem. I had not heard of anyone having problems previously with MCE.

Thanks for this help on the matter

John G
FS++ View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS++ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by John Goodwin John Goodwin wrote:

Ian,

Thanks for that extra mile getting UT2 to see if there wa a problem. I had not heard of anyone having problems previously with MCE.

Thanks for this help on the matter

John G

You're welcome John.

It's the least we could do.

Ian

FS++ View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS++ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2011 at 10:01am
Agutz,

I hope you are now sailing with the latest version.

Ian
agutz View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 6:40am
Ian,
sorry, no plain sailing, but, I agree, it has nothing to do with UT2.
agutz
pelgrin21 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pelgrin21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2020 at 8:13pm
I JUST came back to fsx and honestly i never used mce because the speech recognition was terrible.as of today i got it to work good on the saettings i had to play with the voice bar in mce i have it on a medium between fast and slow i would advise to play with that ..
joshua4VR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshua4VR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2020 at 11:37am
The same issue I've had. Sometimes it's very similar to the real airport and real airline companies, you know. A lot of services cannot guarantee that your flight will not be cancelled, and we know why. Because it's all about the airline operators. But this service ( here: https://airbusinessclass.com/ ), even it cannot make miracle with that, it can help with the cheapest prices for airline tickets, even for business class flights.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic